Funny-ish, the humor and satire blog, is seeking a Managing Editor to oversee the daily operations of the site.
The ideal candidate is a lover of humor and satire who is looking to grow their skill set as an editor. They are a supporter of other writers, sensitive and thoughtful about how humor is used, and above all else, kind.
Your duties would include:
- Selecting and publishing a minimum of 10 pieces per month
- Sourcing royalty-free stock images for pieces
- Managing the Funny-ish Twitter account
- Managing the Funny-ish email inbox
This is a fully remote, very part-time role with a stipend of $100 per month.
The expected time commitment is approximately three to five hours per week.
- Basic HTML
- Basic photo editing skills (Photoshop a plus)
- Familiarity with CMSes, especially WordPress
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Social media management literacy (knowledge of Buffer a plus)
- Knowledge of and practice in applying AP, Chicago, or other styles
- Impeccable grammar and taste in humor
- Sensitivity reading skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume detailing your humor/comedy writing AND EDITING experience to email@example.com and include the word APPLICATION in your subject line. Your resume can include paid and unpaid experiences. In your cover letter, please include answers to the following questions:
- What piece on Funny-ish best exemplifies the direction you’d like to go with the site, and why?
- How does this role fit into your future career goals?
- What time zone are you based in?
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and marginalized voices in the comedy and humor communities are highly encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31st, 2021 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time